What’s Not Covered

The following are a number of products and services not covered under the plan. Note that this list isn’t exhaustive.

  • Appliances which have been lost, stolen or broken because of an incident that did not involve accidental bodily injury
  • Charges for broken or missed appointments
  • Correction of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction
  • Cosmetic treatment, such as teeth bleaching or diastema (gap) closure, unless necessitated by an accidental injury
  • Dietary planning, plaque control or oral hygiene instructions
  • Full mouth reconstructions and vertical dimension correction
  • Mouth guards worn for safety protection for sports, work or other related activities
  • Services or supplies that weren’t provided by a dentist or other dental professional (e.g. services or supplies provided by an online or kiosk distributor)
  • Treatment that’s experimental, educational or for the purpose of research
  • Treatment where expenses aren’t considered necessary for the prevention of dental disease or correction of a dental defect
  • Treatment provided free of charge
  • Services provided by a family member if the family member has been given a discount. If you or your dependant is required to pay a portion of the cost of the services, you must pay for that portion or have your entire claim deemed ineligible (for example, if a dentist bills $300, we pay $180 (60 percent) and you pay the remaining $120 (40 percent). If the dentist doesn’t require you or your dependant to pay your portion, we won’t pay either)
  • Expenses covered through a government program, whether or not you or your dependants choose to participate in the program
  • Where charging for services or supplies is prohibited under legislation
  • Expenses incurred while on active duty in any military or peacekeeping force
  • All expenses incurred as a result of conduct that would constitute an indictable offence within Canada
Placeholder - Image

We’d love to hear from you


Fax: 780-438-5304
Toll Free: 1-877-438-4545
Allendale Centre East
Suite 301, 6104-104 Street NW
Edmonton, AB T6H 2K7
Contact Centre Hours
Sept - June: 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
July - Aug: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Reception Hours
Open for scheduled meetings:
Video and phone: 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. 
In-person: 9:15 a.m. – 3 p.m.
(closed 12:15-12:45 p.m.)
Monday to Friday
© 2024 ASEBP. All right reserved.